Our design teams are at the heart of what we do. These creative visionaries bring products to life, inspire our customers and create clothing that embody our high standards for quality and fit. Overseeing the development of a full collection, designers work closely with product development, manufacturing and merchandising, to present sketches and set the overall direction for creative strategy each season. Our teams strive to develop our private brands as the premier destination for fashion and lifestyle apparel in the junior and contemporary women’s wear market.
This is a unique, amazing opportunity for you to be a creative director of your own brand. We are looking for a passionate Designer who is able to spearhead and advance the creative vision, with the aesthetic of our target customer in mind, season after season.
- Develop the creative vision and direction in tune with the aesthetic of our target customer
- Identify marketplace trends that are relevant to Aritzia’s customer
- Develop a collection from concept to creation, all product types and categories (full head to toe look)
- Work collaboratively with product development, manufacturing and merchandising to pass requirements each season in the development process
- Identify key silhouettes for each collection within the functional plan to incorporate the seasonal creative and merchandising strategy that has been established
- Present the collection to move forward in the development process
- Involved in fittings and approvals according to business objectives
- Identify/select fabric, trims, and/or colors that are right for each season based on vision
- Involved in approving graphics and product packaging for the collection
- Ability to manage multiple seasons at any given time meeting deadlines
- Proven background in developing a full collection
- Expert knowledge in apparel construction in all types of fabrics and trims, dying techniques, wash processes, etc.
- Articulate and concise in communicating vision and ideas
- Excellent communication skills to work with various teams to manage the creative process and development of product
- Motivate, lead and inspire the team
- Excellent sense of style
- Comprehensive understanding of the target market’s aesthetic
The Key Relationships
The role will involve interfacing with:
- Reports to: EVP, Product
- Works Closely With: Product Development & Buyers, Technical Design, Manufacturing Dept., Merchandising & Marketing Teams
- Also Interfaces With: Various external vendors
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.