Aritzia is experiencing dramatic growth and a best-in-class supply chain is a critical role in our success. We are looking for a Supervisor, Distribution Centre that will lead the day-to-day operations of our multi-channel distribution centre in Burnaby. The Aritzia Supply Chain group is comprised of the Retail & eCommerce Distribution Department and the Global Logistics Department. Our mission is to take complex business requirements and provide efficient, customer-driven results while maintaining our passionate and fun culture.
The Supervisor, Distribution Centre will be responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the distribution centre with particular emphasis on managing associates and implementing action plans. The primary goal of this position is to ensure the efficient and accurate operations within their functional area and to provide the highest possible service to their immediate customer.
- Provide direct daily supervision of associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the distribution centre. Develop and implement daily schedules and assignments to ensure efficient operations. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching and disciplining associates.
- Direct and supervise all aspects of their functional area to ensure all tasks are prioritized and carried out in a timely fashion. Tour the functional area regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems. Make recommendations to the Manager, Distribution and the Operations Manager on opportunities to improve operations.
- Ensure the proper allocation of equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner. Coordinate with the Operations Manager on equipment utilization and to ensure that a sound preventative maintenance program is implemented.
- Interact with other functional area supervisors to achieve goals. Attend daily planning meetings. Communicate daily with internal customers.
- Ensure that all records and reports on functional area activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained. Review operating goals and standards and monitor achievement.
- Supervise the quality of all incoming and outgoing activities within the functional area.
- Review operations daily to ensure the functional area is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment and the facility is prevented.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and KPIs.
- Identify and implement best practices.
- Ensure full utilization of SAP/RedPrairie system capabilities and tools.
- Previous background in a multi-channel distribution centre is an asset
- Apparel pick, pack and ship experience is preferred
- Warehouse Management System and warehouse automation exposure is preferred
- SAP, RedPrairie and Microsoft Office experience is desired
- Proven ability to lead a team of direct reports is a must
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
The role will involve interfacing with:
- Reports to: Manager, Distribution
- Works Closely With: Distribution Supervisors; Inventory Control Manager and Manager, Operations
- Direct Reports: Hourly DC associates; senior associates and coordinators
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.