The Director, Centralized Retail Operations is the efficiency guru at Aritzia. This is a pivotal role within the Retail Division, interfacing between the players in the Support Office and our Store Operations team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Retail Operations, the Director, Centralized Retail Operations will be directly responsible for ensuring optimal efficiency in the stores by centralizing all non-selling operations. This department develops turn-key solutions so our store teams can focus on doing their thing – selling clothes!
Responsibilities (What you’ll do):
- Operations Foundations – you will partner with a bunch of different teams to ensure infrastructure and support are optimized AND to manage our sales tools (think inventory management for example).
- Operations Management – this is all about ensuring we are choosing projects that push the needle and then managing the 5 W’s and the How.
- Operations Optimization – you will be a consultant on any corporate-driven initiatives to ensure they are aligned with retail operations.
- Staff Management – you will oversee the hire-to-retire strategy and execution for your department with specific focus on Hiring, Training, Developing, and Promoting.
- Project Operations – depending on the project, you may: own, manage, consult, facilitate, participate, or support.
Competencies (What you’ll need):
- A love of all things fashion
- Tons of experience managing projects (big and small – national and local!)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is a must and an MBA is a huge asset
- Experience setting up store systems and procedures
- Experience managing a varied group of stakeholders with sometimes differing objectives
- Experience in optimizing and constant assessing/reassessing
Key Relationships (People you’ll work with):
- If we have the department, you will work with it – Merchandising, IT, Human Resources, Finance, Special Events, Loss Prevention, Workforce Planning, Facilities. Legal, Supply Chain, Leasing/Design/Build, Office Management, Marketing.
- You will spend a lot of time working with the Retail Store Ops team.
- Your boss is the Senior Director, Retail.
- You’ll have a small but efficient team to help you manage some of your projects.