The mission of the eCommerce Division is to sell clothes and propel the Aritzia brand online seamlessly. The eCommerce Product department supports this by ensuring access to the appropriate merchandise, portraying product in a consistent vision of Aritzia and our various brands.
The objective of the eCommerce Merchant is to maximize and drive sales by strategically planning the online positioning and timing to launch of our product, effectively managing inventory, and identifying buying and merchandising opportunities by analyzing results. The eCommerce Merchant will be responsible for seamlessly presenting the product through the catalogue and editorial, ensuring an exceptional customer shopping experience that is on brand.
- Identify product and merchandising trends online
- Work closely with the Product Division and participate in key meetings to ensure a full understanding of the product assortment for upcoming seasons
- Develop the seasonal eCommerce Product Strategy, translating Product’s vision for the season online considering both the Product Catalogue and Editorial
- Build a tactical plan and calendar to realize the strategy
- Input into the Product Catalogue process determining the online assortment for each season as well as timing to launch, providing input into the seasonal styling and art direction, merchandising the site, and publishing to the customer
- Provide oversight to the Inventory Control Manager for eCommerce, ensuring online merchandise availability is optimized
- Leverage The Magazine to maximize sales through merchandising of stories, while also connecting customers from the catalogue to our editorial, creating a seamless experience
- Manage a team of Online Merchandisers and direct them to maximize the online shopping experience and sales by responding to customer behavior and analytics with improved sorting, cross sells, and up sells, etc.
- Provide input and feedback to other areas of the Product Division, such as Product Development and Buying, ensuring that online customer behavior patterns are taken into consideration when making Product decisions
- Participate at the eCommerce leadership meetings, and feedback results and suggestions (i.e. improve online functionality) to the rest of the team, always ensuring open communication
- Create and present seasonal eCommerce recap document applying results and recommended strategies to the next season
The Key Relationships
- Ability to conceptualize and follow through to implementation
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Demonstrates passion and commitment
- Ability to balance business needs with creative integrity
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively in both written and verbal communication
- Knowledge and understanding of eCommerce (retail) industry, specifically in the fashion industry
- Knowledge and understanding of trading area including; competition, magazines, publications, blogs and retailers
- Ability to work well with MS suite
- Reports to: Senior Director, eCommerce
- Works Closely With: eCommerce Department Managers, Product Developers, Buyers, Inventory Control Analysts, Planners
- Direct Reports: Online Merchandiser(s), Technical Merchandiser(s)
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.