As a Senior Production Manager, your mission is to achieve Aritzia’s objectives for quality products, timely delivery, and competitive costing, both today and in the future. You will succeed by managing our product and raw materials in a structured yet entrepreneurially manner throughout the production life cycle.
The Senior Production Manager’s objective is to manage and develop a balanced portfolio of supply chain partners who can deliver on Aritzia’s business objectives.
- Understand the global landscape and the impact of the latest manufacturing initiatives on running a competitive business
- Develop and implement a production plan that achieves a strategic balance capability and capacity across all factories
- Analyze seasonally and monthly factory capacity and planning identifying any potential risks, ensuring structure, quick lead-times, mitigate risk, and vendor satisfaction
- Ensure raw material and finished good lead-times are minimized and reflective of business priorities
- Manage raw material reserves to ensure quick turn for reorders
- Negotiate all cost components and FOB costs to maximize our margins across each brand
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure best possible terms and payment plans for each factory ensuring healthy cash-flow and minimize unnecessary finance fees
- Partner with sourcing in onboarding all new vendors to ensure a smooth onboarding transition while analyzing the vendor performance
- Confirm the product is delivered to the distribution center at the right time and the right quality
- Control the raw material reserves to maximize sales
- Previous knowledge of industry infrastructure, key players, suppliers, and resources an asset
- Background in global manufacturing and management
- Global sourcing and production expertise is preferred
- Strong business sense, problem solving, analytical, planning and negotiation skills
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written, oral and presentation skills) to all levels of staff
The Key Relationships
- Reports to: Director, Production
- Direct Reports: Production Team, Production Managers, Junior Production Manager, Production Associates
- Works Closely with: Sourcing, Production, Planning, Buying, Inventory Control, Product Development, Design, Merchandising, Technical, Quality Assurance and Production
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.