Aritzia is experiencing a dramatic growth and a best-in-class Supply Chain plays a critical role in our success. We are looking for a Distribution Centre Manager who will lead and motivate the Distribution team to exceed expectations through the relentless pursuit of operational excellence.
The Aritzia Supply Chain Group is comprised of the Retail & eCommerce Distribution Department and the Global logistics Department. Our mission is to take complex business requirements and provide efficient, customer-driven results, while upholding our passionate and fun culture.
The Distribution Centre Manager will manage all functional areas within our Distribution Centre along with all aspects of our overflow warehouse. If you are a strong leader and analytically inclined then we want to hear from you!
- Manage all day-to-day retail, store services, eCommerce and reverse logistics distribution operations and personnel at our Burnaby Distribution Centre
- Coach and mentor Assistant DC Manager and Supervisors
- Ensure all operations are scheduled with appropriate levels of staffing for anticipated volumes
- Maintain all facility areas and equipment (maintenance and repair)
- Develop, track and report all required KPI data relating to Supply Chain
- Support the development of all short-term and long-term strategic plans
- Ensure all Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed and audited as required
- Support the identification, prioritization, solution development, implementation and documentation of all distribution department continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the continuous improvement and implementation of all company recurring projects with a distribution component
- Interview and hire staff
- Determine training requirements for all staff and participate in the development and delivery of all training courses
- Background in managing a distribution centre (minimum 100,000 sq. ft) in an automated MHE distribution environment including WMS
- Background in managing a multi-channel, pick and pack order fulfillment operation
- Background in managing mid to large sized projects
- Exposure to conducting vendor RFP selections
- Strong leadership capability and exceptional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to adjust plans quickly, escalate issues and report on progress at any time
- Strong analytical, negotiation and entrepreneurial capabilities
- Background in retail and/or seasonal fast-fashion distribution is ideal
The Key Relationships
- Reports to: VP, Supply Chain
- Direct Report: Assistant DC Manager and DC Supervisors
- Works Closely With: all DC Associates, Logistics Department, Inventory Control Department and Senior Talent Manager
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.