As the Testing and Compliance Manager, your mission is to ensure the quality of Aritzia’s finished goods, from raw material to our customer, meet our customer and Aritzia’s standards.
The Testing and Compliance Manager’s objective is to specify and maintain the performance standards of all raw materials and finished goods, including overseeing all relevant legal compliance requirements relating to finished goods and labeling.
- Define, review and maintain Aritzia’s raw materials and finished goods performance standards and testing process
- Review raw materials and finished goods test reports and assess impact of results
- Outline Aritzia’s raw materials inspection process for suppliers and review reports if and when necessary to assist in accepting or rejecting lots
- Participate in product review meetings in order to give an informed, critical opinion of any perceived risks in choice of materials, processing, end use or methods employed in production
- Keep abreast of all changes in legal compliance requirements relating to Aritzia’s raw materials and finished goods and amend Aritzia’s performance standards and testing process as needed
- Produce and keep updated wash symbol lists, additional wordings lists, disclaimers and labeling process
- Proven experience of technical or production management in fabric mill, garment manufacturer or laboratory environment an asset
- Strong understanding of textile and garment production methods, machinery and processes used in dyeing and finishing
- Knowledge of other technologies an asset (e.g. electroplating hardware , leather production)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Detail-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Exhibit high sense of urgency and display professionalism and leadership skills
The Key Relationships
- Report to: Director , Quality Assurance
- Work closely with: Department Managers and cross-functional partners
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to 54 retail boutiques, which include 47 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,300 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre).
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.