As the Senior Director, Production, your mission is to manage and develop a balanced portfolio of supply chain partners who can deliver on Aritzia’s business objectives.
The Senior Director, Production’s objective is to achieve Aritzia’s standards for quality products, timely delivery, and competitive costing, by managing our product in a structured yet entrepreneurial manner throughout the production life cycle.
- Manufacturing Strategy – develop, prioritize and lead the execution of all production strategies; stay abreast of industry trends, key issues and competitive challenges; identify and recommend emerging technologies
- Factory Sourcing – develop a plan that achieves a strategic balance of capability and capacity, while meeting Aritzia’s objectives for quality, delivery and cost and communicate to all necessary parties
- Delivery Negotiations – entrepreneurially negotiate lead-times with factories and mills to ensure the quickest lead-times for in-season reorders and manage raw material reserves to ensure quick turn for reorders
- Cost and Terms Negotiations – negotiate all cost components and FOB costs to maximize margins across each brand
- Order Placement and Management – ensure the right product is delivered at the right time and the right cost in the right quantity
- Team Management and Development – manage and lead a team to facilitate department objectives and individual career goals
- Previous experience in global manufacturing, management, global sourcing and production is preferred
- Global Sourcing and Production expertise is preferred
- Strong costing skills and ability to manage cost breakdowns/components
- Proven technical knowledge of fabrics, trims and garment construction
- A comprehensive understanding of manufacturing and garment production
- Computer savvy and ability to work with various software (Excel, ERP system, etc.)
The Key Relationships
- Report to: Executive Vice President, Product
Founded by CEO Brian Hill in Vancouver, Canada, Aritzia has now grown to over 60 retail boutiques, which include over 50 Aritzia stores, five TNA stores and two Wilfred stores, with over 2,500 employees. Our boutiques are located in select cities across North America, including Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago and New York. In November 2012, Aritzia opened our largest boutique, Aritzia Fifth Avenue located at 600 Fifth Avenue (at Rockefeller Centre) and launched our ecommerce website and on-line magazine.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer.